12 Km from Giucalem
The archaeological site of Morgantina is located in east central Sicily, at 37° 26.035' N 14° 28.928' E. It is sixty kilometres (forty miles) from the coast of the Ionian Sea, in the province of Enna. The closest modern town is Aidone, two kilometres southwest of the site. The site consists of a two-kilometre long ridge running southwest–northeast, known as Serra Orlando, and a neighboring hill at the northeast called Cittadella. Morgantina was inhabited in several periods. The earliest major settlement was made at Cittadella and lasted from about 1000/900 to about 450 BCE. The other major settlement was located on Serra Orlando, and existed from about 450 BCE to about 50 CE. Morgantina has been the subject of archaeological investigation since the early 20th century.
Serra Orlando was identified as Morgantina by Kenan Erim following the discovery of a number of coins bearing the Latin word HISPANORUM. Erim (in an article in 1958) used these coins and passages from Livy to argue that the city found at Serra Orlando was in fact the ancient city of Morgantina.
For furthers infos please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgantina